I have always been interested in how we perceive our existence.This position on the threshold is never absolute, never static. Elasticity. As I am never still, so has my artistic approach always been caught in reconstructing, reframing, decomposing. An artwork becomes an endless endeavor in search of stability. It exists in a vacuum, in a vast multiplicity of perception and experience; simultaneously inside and outside. Intimacy and vastness.
It is a critical point, a membrane, a window.
Curiosity and observation often leads me to diverse body of work, fundamentally connected to memory, (inhabited) space and time phenomena. How to frame this subject’s correlations has been a driving force for my artistic practice. Fragility, juxtaposition, displacement and architectural connotations are common to be found in the overall creative process: mapping.
S O L O
- 2019, Noesis, TAC, Eindhoven, Netherlands
- 2018, Dis / order (Pre / lom), DLUL Gallery, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2016, “Between spaces” (Med prostori), Crystal palace, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2015, “Views” (Pogledi), Office building Delo, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2019, Inter-course, TAC, Eindhoven, Netherlands
- 2018, “Abstraction is at the end of your comfort zone“(Abstrakcija je na koncu tvoje cone udobja), Equrna gallery, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2018, “Cooperation” (So-delo-vanje) Alkatraz gallery, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2018, S01e01, Gallery 7:069, Stara pekarna, Velenje, Slovenia
- 2018, Students exhibition, “A3: night of the academy” (A3: Noč akademij), Center of Slavic Culture France Prešeren, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2018, “ALUO Students exhibition“(Razstava študentov ALUO), modri kot – Rog factory, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2017, “ALUO students exhibition in Faculty of social sciences” (Razstava študentov ALUO na Fakulteti za družbene vede), Fakulteta za družbene vede, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2015, “Conglomerate” (Konglomerat), Erbergovi paviljoni, Dol pri Ljubljani, Slovenia
Urša Prek (1993, Ljubljana, Slovenia )
- 2016-2019: Master’s: Fine arts – Painting – Academy of Fine Arts and Design, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2018/2019: Minor : Arts & Interaction – Faculty of fine arts and design St. Joost, Breda, Netherlands
- 2014/2015: FBAUP (Faculdade de Belas Artes da Universidade do Porto)Porto, Portugal (Erasmus+)
- 2012-2016: Bachelor’s: Fine arts – Painting – Academy of Fine Arts and Design, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 2008-2012: High school for art, design and photography, Ljubljana, Slovenia